jennifer
Part One of our first Decor Makeover installment will include information and pictures about the area I’ve selected for improvement.  Since we are working together with 1,000 miles between us, these are the exact same pictures and information I emailed to my sister.
Space: Top of the refrigerator
Reason: It drives me crazy!  We actually use the space for storage, but it looks cluttered and ugly and everyone that visits sees it because the kitchen is always a gathering place and because the fridge is in the direct line of site when entering the house through our mudroom/laundry room.
Likes: I like my serving trays and want to keep storing them up there, if possible.  I also want to keep storing our change, batteries, and flashlight there, if possible.  (How do kids and men need SO MANY batteries??) The porcelain chicken planter is a MUST KEEP because it belonged to my great-grandmother and I just recently bought the antique cake/pie carrier on a antique-ing trip with my mom and sister while sis was in town in August, and would like to keep it.
Dislikes:  The clutter.  One flashlight doesn’t even work–it can go.  I hate the basket the batteries are in.  We can purge down the change so there isn’t so much.
Colors:  Kitchen walls were recently changed from burnt orange to pale yellow.  Trim is white.  Cabinets are white.  Appliances are stainless.  Other kitchen decor still contains burnt orange.  I’m not opposed to yellow, navy, dark red…
BEFORE pictures:  (Have some mercy–I am truly bearing all here–I didn’t change a thing before I snapped these pictures–didn’t clean–didn’t de-clutter–this is full disclosure.)
image
image
image
image
image
So, stay tuned to see what Ashley suggests for the space.  Don’t forget to follow her on Instagram: @ashvclark.  She’s always posting super cute diy projects for the home.
0 Responses