jennifer
It hasn’t taken me long to learn that babies have it pretty easy.  And if you’re our baby–er, toddler–you’re apparently really living the life.
Our house was completely trashed when we bought it.  Like unlivable trashed.  We gutted and remodeled the entire place.  Like every wall, every floor, every ceiling, the yard, the garage…it has been a HUGE undertaking.  During this remodeling, we decided to turn one of the bedrooms into a bathroom, and make the original bathroom a closet.  This allowed us a really large bathroom and extra closet space.  We immediately installed the sink, toilet, and shower, with plans to eventually put in a tub.  Preferably an antique cast iron tub.  Lucky for us, my mom ran across an awesome antique claw foot tub while antiquing and we were quickly the proud new owners.  Cliff cleaned it, I painted the outside belly of the tub, my father-in-law sandblasted and primed the claw feet so I could paint them, my dad ordered the correct plumbing, and my brother installed it.  (Yeah, we have ALOT of people to be grateful for in our lives!)
I originally wanted the tub because, ladies, there’s nothing better than a nice long soak with some candles and a good book, am I right? In. My. Dreams.  We ended up installing it so our little chili bean would have a place to bathe once he arrived.  I’ve taken one bath in the two years that we’ve had it.  ONE.  The little munchkin has taken approximately five hundred.  Seriously.  Even my husband has used it more than I have.
The babe’s bedtime routine includes a bath after dinner.  He LOVES bath time.  Tonight, he was more tired than usual and so while he was in the water, I continuously filled a pitcher with warm water and poured it over his neck and back.  Sounds of satisfaction were literally spilling out of his mouth.  I could see him relaxing before my eyes.  My husband came in to help and I started combing the baby’s hair while still pouring the warm water.  My husband had brought in a cup of milk and was giving him that while he was having his hair and warm water service.  I really didn’t think it could get much better than that for him.  A full tummy, milk, warm water soak, and a hair treatment.  Apparently, the little peanut realized that he was getting the platinum package and thought it could get even better because he actually stretched out, put his cushiony bath book behind him and laid back with his eyes clothes.  I fully expected him to demand a sea weed wrap and eye mask before we pulled the drain plug.
We may have trouble on our hands.
0 Responses